Thursday, February 23, 2012

Two week official weigh in

Alright, well after two full weeks, I'm down 17.5 pounds.  I had a major meltdown last night though - I knew I wasn't going to break, but I was pretty much hysterically bawling because I miss food.  I'm a little better today, but I'm annoyed that I seem to be going backwords.  I thought I had moved passed the emotional crap after day 4...guess not.  People keep suggesting that I just stop, or shorten my fast, but what they don't understand is that I planned and planned and prepared myself and wrote it down and put in out in cyber world for everyone to see that I was going to go all the way with a 60-day juice fast.  Even if I "cheated" and no one else knew, I would know and the guilt and shame and feelings of failure would be ten times worse than the random fits of tears.  Tons of other people have done this, there is no reason I can't stick it out until the end.  I've made it 14 days without a single morsel, sliver or smidgen of actual food.  As long as I take it one day at a time, I CAN do this.  Now I better go to the store because I'm running low on fruits and veggies...this morning's breakfast was just straight orange juice - which was strange after so many days of mixing lots of different things.  Anywho, TTFN!

2 comments:

  1. you're AMAZING Nikki ... seriously! today I start day five, almost half way (for my ten day goal) and I can't tell you how crappy I feel this morning! I want to decide to just do a five day fast, lol! keep it up, you're doing awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great, Nikki! I'm so proud of you! I don't know if I could do it! I'm such a foodie! You inspire me though!

    ReplyDelete